Here is a list of technologies that I find interesting.
- True Knowledge – http://www.trueknowledge.com/
- Wolfram Alpha – http://www.wolframalpha.com/
- Freebase – http://www.freebase.com/
- Twine (now Evri, a semantic news aggregator) – http://www.twine.com/
- Powerset (apparently bought my Micro$oft and renamed bing) – http://www.powerset.com/
Don’t bother looking for semantic goodness in bing. Their search results (in my experience) are worse than google’s which is probably why they are stealing data from Google.
Data Distribution and Persistence
- Freenet Project – http://freenetproject.org/
- BitTorrent – http://www.bittorrent.com/
- OFFSystem (Owner Free File System) – http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OFFSystem